Oeufs mimosa (aka. eggs mimosa, deviled eggs) is a wonderful summer treat and a great appetizer to bring to parties. Not only does it look festive, it also tastes great.
Estimated time: 20-30min
Ingredients: 8 eggs, 6 tbsp of crème fraiche or sour cream, 3 tbsp of Dijon mustard, 3 tbsp of fresh chive (~20 leaves), salt & pepper
- Place 8 raw eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water (1 inch above eggs) and bring to boil
- Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 10-15min
- Drain the eggs and let them cool to room-temperature
- Remove the shell from the hard boiled eggs and cut them in half
- Carefully remove the yolks and place them in a mixing bowl
- Crush the yolks. Then add 6 tbsp of crème fraiche or sour cream and 3 tbsp of Dijon mustard. Mix well
- Add 3 tbsp of chopped fresh chive (~ 20 leaves) to the mixing bowl and sprinkle a little bit of salt & pepper. Mix well
- Place the halved egg whites on a platter and spoon the mixture into the whites. Refrigerate and serve cold
Have you ever had mimosa eggs?